lördag 30 maj 2015

All the Rage - Courtney Summers

Titel: All the Rage
Författare: Courtney Summers
Serie: -
Sidor: 316

The sheriff’s son, Kellan Turner, is not the golden boy everyone thinks he is, and Romy Grey knows that for a fact. Because no one wants to believe a girl from the wrong side of town, the truth about him has cost her everything—friends, family, and her community. Branded a liar and bullied relentlessly by a group of kids she used to hang out with, Romy’s only refuge is the diner where she works outside of town. No one knows her name or her past there; she can finally be anonymous. But when a girl with ties to both Romy and Kellan goes missing after a party, and news of him assaulting another girl in a town close by gets out, Romy must decide whether she wants to fight or carry the burden of knowing more girls could get hurt if she doesn’t speak up. Nobody believed her the first time—and they certainly won’t now — but the cost of her silence might be more than she can bear. 
  
Courtney Summers är en av mina absoluta favoritförfattare och jag har älskat i princip allt jag läst av henne. Det var nästan tre år sedan hon släppte sin senaste bok, så att jag har längtat ihjäl mig efter All the Rage är något utav en underdrift. Och om den levde upp till mina förväntningar? Läs vidare så får ni se.

Handlingen i den här boken gjorde mig så fruktansvärt arg, och jag kan omöjligt förstå hur i rpincip en hel stad kunde bete sig som de gjorde. Summers är en expert på att hantera svåra ämnen som alltid krossar mitt hjärta, och All the Rage är inget undantag. Här handlar det om våldtäkt och hur man försöker överleva efter att det har inträffat. Hela boken var bara så himla hjärtskärande och jag älskade den så mycket, även om den samtidigt gjorde mig helt vansinnigt arg.

Romy var en sådan trasig karaktär, och jag riktigt led med henne. Men samtidigt så var hon makalöst stark, även om hon nog inte insåg det själv, och jag beundrar verkligen att hon stod upp för sig själv. I övrigt så tyckte jag rätt bra om mamman, Todd, Leon och hans syster, och sedan så hatade jag nästan alla andra.

All the Rage var väl värd väntan och Courtney Summers visar återigen vilken enastående författare hon är. Rekommenderas varmt.

Favoritcitat:


“Her eyes widen and she shoves me back and then there's a space between us, enough to paralyze me with all of the things I could do to her next. I could raise my hand and hit her in the face or bring my knee into her stomach, take a fistful of her hair and rip it out of her skull. You don't get to do this when you're a girl, so when the opportunity for violence finally presents itself, I want all of it at once.” 

9 / 10 

2 kommentarer:

  1. I've been kind of putting this book off because I'm scared to read it. I know that's horrible and I'm sure it's really good and really well written about a very hard subject, but that's what scares me! This book sounds like one that makes you feel all the feelings and I don't think I'm yet emotionally prepared for that. I kind of have to build myself up to reading these kinds of books. I haven't actually read anything by this author though, so I will definitely have to read something of hers.

    I'm glad this one lived up to your expectations even if it drove you a little insanely mad too(after all, the best book always do, don't they?). =)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is a hard subject, and this book is particularly hard to read. But I really recommend it anyway, as Courtney Summers is an amazing author. My favorite of hers is Cracked Up to Be though, so maybe you can start with that one? :) And, indeed, they do. :)

      Radera