tisdag 25 augusti 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Gorgeous Prose in YA Fiction 101


Varje tisdag anordnar The Broke and the Bookish en Top Ten Tuesday.
Här ger man sin Topp 10 i veckans valda ämne som denna vecka är:
Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101 
(examples: YA fantasy 101, feminist literature 101, magic in YA 101, classic YA lit 101, world-building 101).. och jag har valt Gorgeous Prose in YA Fiction 101

 

10. V.E. Schwab, Vicious 
“He wanted to care, he wanted to care so badly, but there was this gap between what he felt and what he wanted to feel, a space where something important had been carved out.” 
9. Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses
“I was loosened, a top whirling around and around, and I didn't know who I danced with or what they looked like, only that I had become the music and the fire and the night, and there was nothing that could slow me down.”
8. Lauren DeStefano, Wither
“There's nothing here to say good-bye to. There's no dancing girl. No mischievous smile. She's gone, off with her sisters, broken free, escaped. And if she were here now, she would say, "Go.”

 

7. Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me 
“The moon is a loyal companion.
It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.
Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” 
6. Laini Taylor, Daughter of Smoke and Bone
“She had been innocent once, a little girl playing with feathers on the floor of a devil's lair. She wasn't innocent now, but she didn't know what to do about it. This was her life: magic and shame and secrets and teeth and a deep, nagging hollow at the center of herself where something was most certainly missing.”
5. Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone
“This was his soul made flesh, the truth of him laid bare in the blazing sun, shorn of mystery and shadow. This was the truth behind the handsome face and the miraculous powers, the truth that was the dead and empty space between the stars, a wasteland peopled by frightened monsters.”

 

4. Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver 
“It tore my heart out, because I heard his voice. The wolves sang slowly behind him, bittersweet harmony, but all I heard was Sam. His howl trembled, rose, fell in anguish. I listened for a long time. I prayed for them to stop, to leave me alone, but at the same time I was desperately afraid they would. Long after the other voices had dropped away, Sam kept howling, very soft and slow.
When he finally fell silent, the night felt dead.”
3. April Genevieve Tucholke, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
“I coughed and choked, and drowned on moonlight, which tastes like butter and steel and salt and mist. And then, just like that, just when I thought she was going to kill me, suck the air out of my lungs and make me a ghost too, she lifted her hand, and... faded away.”
2. Lauren Oliver, Delirium
“He is looking at me through the smoke, across the fence. He never takes his eyes off me. His hair is a crown of leaves, of thorns, of flames. His eyes are blazing with light, more light than all the lights in every city in the whole world, more light than we could ever invent if we had ten thousand billion years.” 

 

1. Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road 
“Then he holds her and for a moment I hear total silence; that totally silent part of a cry that announces that the most horrible grief is going to follow. And it does, and he's muffling it, but I can hear and I want someone to come over and jab her with a sedative because its pitch pierces my soul.”

12 kommentarer:

  1. You have become one of my book soul mates because you have included Jellicoe Road on your list. Its the best book ever.

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-fantasy-101/

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, thank you. And yes, it is! Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      Radera
  2. Love your bilingual blog! I'm afraid to guess--Norwegian? Danish?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, thank you. It's Swedish, actually, but close enough. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Radera
  3. här var det mycket nytt, ska jag säga! fint med tips. Jellicoe Road måste jag läsa

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Det är en alldeles fantastisk bok, så jag hoppas att du kommer att tycka om den. :)

      Radera
  4. I have Vicious and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my TBR queue; heard a lot of great things about both books so I'm looking forward to them! Great list :) Thanks for dropping by my TTT earlier :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Both are great, I hope you'll love them. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Radera
  5. Det är så kul att läsa alla dessa fina citat. Det visar verkligen det underbar med böcker och läsning! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Visst är det? Och jag älskar fina citat. :)

      Radera
  6. I have a few of these on my TBR list, but ugh, now I want them all because I'm a complete sucker for beautiful writing! These quotes you chose have me swooning.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Haha, me too. And I definitely recommend all of these books, so I hope you'll enjoy them. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Radera